Monday, April 03, 2006

April Royal Mile Jam

We had a small turnout again, though the weather was so wonderful you could hardly blame anyone. I was joined by Doug Scott and Julie Gorka (though not simultaneously!), and we played our fiddles, guitars, and smallpipes.

As part of my flailing about to try to get more people, I offer a new feature: tune homework. This month's homework is Da Road to Houll (PVSFC VII-1). Julie plays this one a lot, and I should get around to learning it. Also, I'm going to finally nail down Price Charles' Last View of Scotland, a favorite of Bob McIntyre's. Anyone else have favorite tunes they'd like more people to learn for the jam? Suggest them here.

Unfortunately, I lost the tune list. Bad Pete!

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am interested in participating ( mandolin and mandola). I have been reluctant to attend because to learn the lead to a piece takes me some up front time and effort and although I enjoy accompanying I would like to play lead on some tunes. For this reason I think that posting some of the pieces that you will be playing is an excellent idea. When is the next jam scheduled?

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Peter said...

Hi, Highwaters! Sorry for the delay.

I just posted a good starter list, and linked it to the navigation bar at right.

The next session is May 6, at 3 PM.

Cheers,
Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home