Monday, December 05, 2005

December Royal Mile Jam

We had a bigger jam this month than any since Spring, so thanks to everyone for coming out: Catherine, Julie, Bob, Stephanie, Ben, and Chris (last names omitted for plausible deniability!).

We drew heavily from our standard tune list, common to the Royal Mile and fiddle club sessions. Julie brought her recently-acquired fiddle to test out, while I brought my Cittern; and Chris and I belted out some songs accompanied by his guitar at the end while I tried to restring my fiddle. We also tried to stretch out the session until 7:00, but eventually got the cut-off signal from the manager (aka, the cut throat signal!). So I made sure to be extra nice and thank her for putting up with us!

Here are the tunes we played, and the PVSFC source:
Da Road to Houll
(VII-1)
John Howat's reel
(XI-13)
Sitting in the Stern of a Boat
(II-26)
Sailor's Wife/Muckin' o' Geordie's Byre/Stool of Repentance/Teviot Brig
(II-13,I-4,I-4,IV-7)
Jig Run Rig
- not in PVSFC
Banks of Spey/Loch Leven Castle
(II-32 or IX-1,I-3)
High Road to Linton/Put me in a Box
(I-20,I-21)
High Drive
(XIII-2)
Neil Gow's Lamentation for James Moray, Esq. of Abercarney
(XIII-3)
Meeting of the Waters
(IX-34)
Hamish Henderson's Refusal/Tam Lin/Tommy's Tarboukas
(II-22,XI-5,XI-5)
Calliope House/The New Fiddle/Andy Dejarlis' Jig/MacArthur Road
(II-25,X-36,XII-24,XIII-1?)
My Wife's A Wanton Wee Thing
(I-15)
Tail Toddle/Glenburnie Rant
(III-6,XI-34)
Stan Chapman's Jig
(I-22 or II-25)
Merrily Danced the Quaker's Wife
- not in PVSFC
The White Cockade/My Love is but a Lassie Yet/Highland Laddie
(I-12,I-16,II-1)
Spay in Spate
(IX-2)
Cairny Mount
(II-1)
Wha'll Be King But Charlie
(II-29)
Miss Shepherd/Tongadale Reel
(III-2,XII-5)
Smith's a Gallant Fireman/Mor a Chennaich
(I-2,I-2)
Geordie MacLeish/Randy Wife of Greenlaw/Pretty Pegg
(II-3,I-24,II-3)
O'er the Moor Amang the Heather
Skye Collection version in D w/ variations
The Bonniest Lass in a' the World
(V-29)
Hughie Shorty's/Brenda Stubbart's/Barrowburn Reel
(VII-8,IX-1,V-1)
Jenny Dang the Weaver/Spootiskerry/Flowers of Edinburgh/Statten Island
(III-2,II-23,III-12,IV-5)
The Mason's Apron
(V-11)
Sleep Soond ida Moarnin/Faroe Rum/WIllafjord
(I-27,I-27,I-28)
Highland Whisky/Devil in the Kitchen/De'il Amang the Tailors
(V-2,I-19,I-30)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home