Thursday, February 08, 2007

February Royal Mile Session - Oops...

We had an awesome turnout for the Royal Mile session. Thanks to everyone for coming! We had fiddles, smallpipes, a 12-string guitar, and a cello, and went through a lot of great tunes.

Alas, it looks like I lost my notebook! So no list of tunes played. I do remember that we played a lot of our usual fare from previous months. A couple tunes resurrected that we haven't played in a while include The Cushion Dance, Neil Gow's Lament for the Death of his Second Wife, and a few strathspeys like This is No My Own Hoose, Rob Roy MacGregor. If any of you out there think of more tunes we played, email me!

On the issue of strathspeys, I issued a challenge to our sessioneers. If you have a favorite reel or reel set you like to start, try to think of a strathspey or two that leads well into it. We need to be playing more strathspeys, lest someone think we're Irish players!

Cheers, and see you all next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home