Monday, December 04, 2006

A Policy on Royal Mile Cancellations

I was sad to learn that a few people arrived to the session before I did, only to leave when they were told that the Royal Mile was hosting another event.

This is the second month this year we've been canceled on. September we had warning, but I'm pretty sure no one was told this time. If I have warning for future events, I'll announce it here and in the fiddle club general email, and I'll also leave info at the Royal Mile in advance.

Relocating the session was such a great success this time, I'd like to make that a policy and a promise.

If the Royal Mile has canceled our session, stick around until several of us arrive. We will decide on where to go and reconvene there. We'll leave word of where we're going (and a map) with the Royal Mile's bar staff for latecomers. If you show up late, and it's cancelled, ask the bar staff for the map.

But I want to make this promise: we will do everything in my power to make sure this session happens, whether it be at the Royal Mile or elsewhere. So stick around, we'll play one way or another!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home