Tuesday, December 05, 2017

The Scottish Jam Session is on hold until we find a new home

 

It's with great regret that I have to report that Fiona's has decided they no longer want to host the Scottish Jam Session. I'm not sure why, in total, but I suspect that part of it had to do with the jam wasn't bringing in the same revenue that private parties using the same room were bringing. In short, we aren't eating and drinking enough.

I'm going to begin the search for a new location for 2018, and until we have a home, the jam is on hold. We've had an offer to host in a home for the December meeting, and if I decide to accept, I'll pass along that info.

If you know of a pub in the area that might be willing to host us, please let me know.

Until we have a chance to settle into a new place, however, we will be taking a break. I'm hoping to have a new home by March, and even February if we're lucky.

If you want a fix of Scottish music, check out the Potomac Valley Scottish Fiddle Club - I will be hosting the January meeting in my home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home